What to do with
Want to recycle a bathroom suite but not sure if you can?
To find your nearest recycling facilities, check our handy Recycling Locator tool.
How do I recycle it?When sinks, toilets and baths are cracked, badly chipped or generally past their best they can be disposed of at your local household waste recycling centre (aka 'the tip').
- Bathroom suites/furniture is large and bulky, so if you are using a van to transport it, check with the recycling centre whether you need any permission or ID to do so. Also check the opening hours, which can vary for cars and vans
- Some recycling centres will ask you to put these items into the Hardcore and Rubble skips, while others have skips just for ceramic items
- Taps should be removed and placed in the Mixed Metal skips
- Check with your council to see if they provide a collection service for larger, bulky items
Is it still in good condition?
A bathroom suite or bathroom furniture that is in good condition could be used by someone else. Consider the following options:
Get selling and make some money...
- Put an advert in the local newspaper
- Take to a car boot sale or bring and buy sale
- Sell online at places like eBay and Gumtree
Pass it on...