Benefit your business
People like to be able to recycle at work - just as they can at home. There are lots of benefits to recycling at work too, such as:
- It's easy to set-up and run;
- It saves space and can reduce clutter;
- It's cost effective and can save your company money;
- It reduces waste going to landfill, saves energy and helps tackle climate change.
Find a local recycling service provider
Before you can get started you will need to find a recycling service provider in your local area and get a list of companies with services to suit your needs.
Setting up a recycling scheme
Consider hosting a recycling day or event to launch the new recycling scheme. For example, hold a desk recycling amnesty to encourage staff to recycle as much as they can from their desks.
- Promote your recycling scheme around the workplace using these free posters.
- Remember to position recycling containers in a convenient place, so it’s as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away.
- Collect for charity too! Old mobile phones, computer equipment, stamps and printer cartridges can all help to raise precious funds for charities.
What else can you do
Businesses can cut costs and reduce waste by using resources more efficiently. Waste costs money - not only through the cost of disposal but also through the value of wasted materials. The Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP) can provide advice and resources to help your business reduce waste and increase recycling. This support includes:
- An introduction to resource efficiency and posters to promote these messages across your business.
- A free business resource efficiency helpline which offers bespoke resource efficiency guidance and support – call 0808 100 2040 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0808 100 2040 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
- Online initiatives including Ripple Effect on water efficiency.