Beth i'w wneud gyda
Plastic bags & wrapping
Recycling plastic bags and wrapping at supermarkets
For those who can't recycle plastic bags and wrapping at home, some items can be recycled at carrier bag collection points at the larger stores of major supermarkets.
Which types of plastic bags and wrapping can be recycled?
The following different items are accepted at plastic carrier bag collection points.
Larger stores of major supermarkets:
- All plastic bags, except biodegradable or compostable bags
- Bread bags
- Breakfast cereal liners
- Bubble wrap
- Delivery bags
- Dry cleaning bags
- Frozen food bags
- Magazine and newspaper wrappers
- Multi-pack wrapping
- Plastic marked as low-density polyethylene (LDPE) - resin ID code 4
- Toilet roll wrapping
Selected stores of major supermarkets also accept:
- Baby, pet food, detergent and cleaning pouches
- Biscuits and chocolate wrapping
- Cheese, fish and meat wrapping
- Cling film
- Crisp and sweet bags
- Plastic film lids
- Salad, pasta, and rice bags
Enter your postcode below to find your nearest soft plastic collection point. Click through to the store detail to find out which soft plastics they collect.
- All items should be clean and free of food.
- Tear off sticky labels where possible.
- Compostable and biodegradable bags are not designed to be recycled and if they enter the recycling system can potentially cause quality issues in the recycled material.