Recycle Week 2018
Recycling. We do. Because it matters.
RECYCLE WEEK 2018.
IT's THE BIGGEST ONE YET.
We are a nation of recyclers. In fact, more and more people are getting involved. But now we do it because we know it matters. Every single person can help tackle pollution and make our Planet a better place. See what you can do to make a difference this Recycle Week.
0% of all of the plastic waste ever produced is still in the environment.
0% of people say that they are motivated to be good recyclers.
How can you get involved?
Help us make a difference this Recycle Week. If you don't already recycle, now's the time to start. If you do, great, we've got loads of ways for you to get involved.
Take part in our competition
‘Spot the swoosh' on bins, signs, posters and packaging. Wherever you see it, we want you to snap it and share it. Tweet your pictures using #spottheswoosh by 13:00 on Friday 28 September to be entered into a competition to win prizes from our partners including John Lewis and Quorn.Terms & conditions
Don't know where to start with recycling? Try these to begin with:
Plastic bottles / Glass / Paper / Card
Got the basics covered? Then make sure you're not one of the 76% of UK households adding items to recycling which aren't accepted in your local area. So, join the nation by making sure you’re recycling as much and as well as you can. Check what you can recycle at home.
Who's been taking part?
Businesses, charities, the Government, your local council – great organisations all over the UK are getting involved with Recycle Week 2018.
- John Lewis
- Tesco & Danone
- Sure for Men
- Sure for Women
- National Theatre
- Brecon Carreg
- Cambrian Packaging
- Cardiff University
- Cardiff City FC
- Cardiff Council
- University of South Wales
- The Manchester Food and Drink Festival
What have we been up to?
This will be our biggest ever Recycle Week. We have a full week of activities including a nationwide ad campaign, lighting up iconic buildings with our “swoosh”, and a fun stunt film to put recycling front and centre.
We travelled the nation promoting recycling
The Recycle Now team has been travelling around the UK to promote recycling - and they weren't travelling alone. A giant ‘WE DO' sign went with them, touring the country and posing for pictures at iconic buildings and places all over the UK that represent us as a nation. We've been reminding people how important recycling is, and how it can help us fight plastic pollution and use resources more efficiently.
We conducted a social experiment
Recycle Now carried out a stunt to reinforce the benefits of recycling and the implications of not doing it. Have a look at the results and reactions we caught on film.
A nation of do-ers
This is the year the nation said, ‘we do' to recycling. Check out some of our ‘do-ers' in action.
Now you know what we've been up to - it's over to you to see what difference you can make this Recycle Week. Join people all over the UK and help us make the UK's recycling better than ever before!
Competition terms and conditions
Recycle Week 2018 competition – Spot the Swoosh (‘the Promotion'):
- The Promoter of the Promotion is WRAP, registered Charity No. 1159512 and registered as a Company limited by guarantee in England & Wales No. 4125764. Registered office at Second Floor, Blenheim Court, 19 George Street, Banbury, Oxon, OX16 5BH.
- This free competition is open to residents of Englandand Wales only aged 18 or over. Employees of WRAP or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter. There is no cost to enter the Promotion but if you choose to enter using a mobile device then standard data fees may apply – see your mobile data plan for pricing details.
- Entry into the competition shall constitute deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions so please read them carefully before entering the Promotion.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter, JosephJoseph, Simplehuman, John Lewis or Quorn. You are providing your information to the Promoter only.
- The Promotion starts on Monday 24th September 2018 at 12:00 BST and ends at 13:00 BST on Friday 28th September 2018.
- Entries must be received before 13:00 BST on Friday 28th September 2018. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
- Entries are limited to one entry per person. If entrants post more than one entry, then only the first entry will count.
- Any entrants found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
- There will be three winners who will be selected at random on Friday 28th September 2018 by WRAP from all valid entries and announced on Saturday 29th September.
- You can enter this competition on the Recycle Now Twitter page: https://twitter.com/recycle_now.
- To enter you must:
Step 1: 'Spot the Recycle Now swoosh' on bins, signs, posters and packaging or wherever you see it. We want you to snap it and share it.
Step 2: Tweet your pictures to @recycle_now using the hashtag #spottheswoosh
- There will be three prize draws, which are:
- a. First draw – Joseph Joseph bin
- b. Second draw - Simplehuman bin
- c. Third draw - £100 Quorn voucher
All prizes are subject to availability. The specific models and colours of the prizes are at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The winners will be contacted via the social media that they used to enter the Promotion by 17:00 BST on Saturday 29th September
- The winners must provide the Promoter with proof of identity and proof of their home address to establish eligibility before being confirmed as the final winners and before delivery of the prizes are arranged.
- If the Promoter does not receive a response from the winner within 72 hours of its first attempt at contact, the winner rejects their prize, or the drawn entry is subsequently found to be invalid or in breach of these terms and conditions then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The prizes will be delivered to the winners at their home addresses within England and Wales.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize that are not specifically included in the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same or higher value should the original prize become unavailable for circumstances beyond its reasonable control. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries and takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize. Nothing shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions.
- The Promoter's decision on the selection of winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.