Keep it going
Liaising with the recycling monitors, cleaners and site manager/caretaker will help monitor how often your recyclables need collecting. It will give you an understanding of how much your school recycles and whether recycling is increasing or dropping off.
If recycling participation is dropping, you may want to focus on raising awareness.
- Take part in our Home Recycling Challenge!
- Hold meetings and training sessions for staff.
- Organise recycling events, or make recycling a key part of other school events.
- Incorporate recycling into lessons.
- Reward and praise recycling champions.
- Join national awards and competitions. This promotes recycling nationally and keeps up motivation within your school.
- Liaise with the local press to share your success.
- Incorporating recycling into the school policy is also an important way to maintain progress. For further information see including recycling in your school policy.