What to do with
DVD's & CD's
Check with your local council. These discs are now collected at some local recycling centres but this service does vary across the country.
If you have CD's or DVD's to get rid of, consider the following options:
- CD's, DVD's and computer games in good condition can be put back into circulation and earn you some cash into the bargain! Simply search the internet with "sell CD's" to find companies like Music Magpie. Zapper, Ziffit and Ebay that offer this service. Be aware that some offer free postage, while others will charge you for this.
- Ask family, friends, work colleagues or neighbours if they would like them;
- Go online to give them away;
- Check locally - a community project near you may have a use for them.
What else can I do with them?
- Cut your discs into small pieces and use them to create a mosaic pattern on picture frames, flower pots or mirrors;
- Hang them up in the garden - they not only look pretty spinning in the wind but make good bird scarers on the vegetable plot!