What to do with
Some local authorities provide a special bin for your garden waste and collect it as part of their household collection scheme. If you don't have this type of collection service or your bin is full, you can recycle garden waste at your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre.
How to recycle garden waste
- If your council provide a sack or bin for garden waste, make sure you follow any special instructions for what can and can't be included.
- Do not include any other items in your garden waste recycling, unless your council tells you that it’s ok.
- If you are taking your garden waste to your local recycling centre, use a strong, durable bag (not a black bin liner) and try not to overfill it. That way it's less likely to tear and once it's been emptied, you can take it back home with you, ready to use next time.
You can always compost at home is an easy way to recycle it yourself! See our pages for more detailed information.
What can go in your garden waste
- Leaves and flowers
- Grass and weeds
- Tree bark and pruned branches
- Clippings and twigs
- Home-grown fruit or vegetables